- Location: Mexico
- Product: COLETANCHE® ES3
- Surface: 240,000 m² / 2,580,000 ft²
- Installation date: 2013, 2014, 2017, 2020
The Dolores mine is a large silver mine located in the north of Chihuahua, Mexico. Dolores represents one of the largest silver reserves in Mexico and in the world.
This expansion was developed under a number of constraints that favored COLETANCHE®. COLETANCHE® was placed on the new heap leach pad bottom lining.
REASONS OF CHOICE
In this project, the COLETANCHE® geomembrane promotes:
- High friction angle (34 degrees)
- Good puncture resistance
- Lack of quality clay in situ to develop a proper pad
- No time and weather constraint because the installation is possible in extreme weather conditions (rainfall, wind, cold temperature down to -40°C or -40°F).