- Coletanche advantages
- Other characteristics
The many properties of COLETANCHE® bituminous geomembrane make it a valuable option by preventing rainwater infiltration and protecting the soil and water table from any pollution for domestic waste, industrial and mining waste, green waste, snow storage.
SPOTLIGHT ON MINING WASTE
Mining waste is composed of natural minerals extracted from underground soils that can crack and release pollutants when brought to the surface, thus posing a risk to the ecosystem. Soil needs to be protected before storing solid waste to avoid contact, seepage and pollution. Mines or waste stockpiles can also be covered and closed to protect the atmosphere.
- Longevity: Excellent performance over time (30 – 60 years for exposed geomembrane), superior to solid waste life.
- High resistance to puncture and tearing due to its mass. Ash and rocks can be safely stored at mining operations.
- Resistance to acid and chemical elements (even in high proportions) and to their actions.
- Compatible with extreme climate conditions of mines: strong resistance to extreme temperatures (from -40°C to +40°C) and important wind.
- Compatible with all types of materials (concrete, steel, PVC, etc) by sealing or gluing.
- Easy to install: only one layer is efficient, no need a protective layer.
- Mechanical characteristics: resistance to tension, permeability, puncture, elongation, high friction angle (≈ 34°).
- Dimensional stability: no sensitive to expansion phenomena and stress cracks.