- Coletanche advantages
- Other characteristics
COLETANCHE geomembrane is widely used for waterproofing leaching basins and polluted water retention basins in the mining, industrial and food-processing sectors: Salt water storage (salt mines and potash mines), sugar factories, copper and nickel mine leachates.
SPOTLIGHT: LIQUID MINING WASTE
Mining waste is composed of natural minerals extracted from underground soils that can crack and release pollutants when brought to the surface, thus posing a risk to the ecosystem. Liquid waste is stored using dams or ponds. Waterproofing is essential to prevent erosion of the structure and infiltration of polluted water into the soil.
- No distorsion or elongation thanks to the SBS bitumen binder is stable in water, seawater and brine environments.
- Increase the volume storage because it doesn’t require adding a protective layer.
- Dimensional stability: allows the structures to withstand liquid pressure because they remain flat (no folds).
- High vertical concrete walls (dams) can also be sealed thanks to high friction angle (until 34° slope).
- Resistance to extreme climate conditions of mine (wind, temperatures).
- Easy to install: only one layer is efficient, no need a protective layer.
- Longevity: excellent performances over time, even in exposed conditions.
- Long term mechanical (tension, puncture, elongation) and chemical (leaching, acid, UV, gas) resistance
- Compatible with all types of materials (concrete, steel, PVC, etc) by sealing or gluing.
- Dimensional stability: no sensitive to expansion phenomena and stress cracks.