- Type: Drainage ditches
- Location: SOUTH-WESTERN VICHY BYPASS
- Area: 50,000 m²
- Product: COLETANCHE® SC1
The 18.5 km South-Western Vichy bypass links Saint-Yorre to Espinasse-Vozelle.
The south-western Vichy bypass was planned as a two-lane road with a 7 m wide carriageway and two shoulders of 2.80 m each. A third lane in the winding section between the RD 984 and the RD 1093 forms a passing lane.
Roadside ditches line the road in accordance with Water Act recommendations.
COLETANCHE geomembrane’s advantages for this project are:
- The bitumen-based geomembrane is naturally compatible with asphalts and creates a perfect seal between the hard shoulder and the ditch
- There is no risk of wind uplift and it can be welded in any weather without special equipment
- The manual laying technique with gas torch welding: it’s simple and fast with no heavy equipment involved, allowing speedy completion of ditches so weather conditions having little effect
- Easily unrolled with a manual or hydraulic beam
- No underlay or surface geotextile which saves time when sourcing, purchasing and installing materials
- Width customised for the site to reduce cutting and product waste
- Simplified preparation of soil from earthworks